Today’s meal is…
- Dashimaki egg (Japanese rolled omelette)
- Miso soup
Dashimaki Tamago(egg) is a dish in which beaten egg is mixed with broth and baked. It is also called simply “Dashimaki”.
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 25 min
- ‘Tamagoyaki-ki’ (the pan for the Rolled ommelet is called this)
▽Dashimaki egg with dashi broth ingredients
- 4 eggs
- Bonito broth 80ml
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mirin (sweet cooking sake)
- A pinch of salt
▽Dashimaki egg with dashi broth Procedure
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix with chopsticks.
- Add seasoning and mix further.
- Heat the oil in a Tamagoyaki-ki and fry the egg mixture in batches.
TIPS for making a juicy dashimaki egg with dashi broth is rolling it quickly!
Here’s our other Omelet recipe! Medium boiled Omelet Sandwich