Today’s meal is…
- Tamagoyaki (omelette)
- Grilled salmon
- Miso soup
- Boiled spinach
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 1hr 45min
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Omelette pan
▽Ingredients of the soup stock
- Kombu(kelp) 10g
- 20g of dried bonito flakes
- 1000ml of water
▽Ingredients for Miso Soup
- 1/2 silken tofu
- 1/2 piece of fried tofu
- 1 bag of nameko mushroom
- A small amount of spring onion
- 500ml of soup stock
- 40 g of miso
▽Ingredients for Tamagoyaki (omelette)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
▽Ingredients for Grilled salmon
- 2 pieces of salmon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 leaves
- Grated daikon radish, to taste
▽Ingredients for Boiled spinach
- 1/3 bunch of spinach
- 200ml of soup stock
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin (sweet cooking sake)
- A little salt
▽The Soup stock Procedure
- Wipe the Kombu with a wet cloth, put 1000ml of water in a pot and put the Kombu in it.
- Heat 1 over low-medium heat and take out the Kombu just before boiling. Remove the Kombu and bring to a boil to remove the smell of Kombu.
- Turn down the heat to low, add bonito flakes evenly and turn off the heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Scrub 3 in a colander covered with kitchen paper. Let stand for 2 or 3 minutes.
▽Miso soup Procedure
- Pour 500ml of the dashi soup stock from “Dashi no mise en scène” into a pan and heat it up.
- Remove the oil from the fried tofu and cut it into pieces. Cut onion into small pieces.
- Put the sliced abura-age and nameko mushroom into the pan and dissolve the miso. Add silken tofu cut into bite-sized pieces. Add the spring onions after the bowl is filled.
▽Tamagoyaki (omelette) Procedure
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix with chopsticks. Add the seasoning to the bowl and mix further.
- Heat the oil in an egg frying pan and add 1/3 of the egg mixture.
- Crush the bubbles and roll the egg mixture from back to front over high heat. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
▽Grilled salmon Procedure
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and grill it on both sides of the fish grill.
- Garnish with grated daikon and shiso leaves.
▽Boiled spinach Procedure
- In a small saucepan, add 200 ml of the broth from the “Dashi Procedure” and all the seasonings from the “Spinach Onii”, let it boil and cool.
- Boil the spinach and drain under cold water.
- Pickle the boiled and chopped spinach in the broth in 1.