How to cook Cheese in Hamburg Steak (Beef and Pork)
Today’s meal is…
- Cheese in Hamburg Steak (Beef and Pork)
- Turnip Soup
The Japanese ” Hamburg Steak” is characterized by the addition of a lot of binders, such as chopped onions and breadcrumbs, to make it soft and juicy. The inclusion of non-meat ingredients was for economic reasons to reduce the amount of meat used by adding bulk, but today that is the key to the taste of a Japanese Hamburg Steak.
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 40 min
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Oven toaster
▽Cheese in Hamburg Steak (Beef and Pork) ingredients
- 1/2 of an onion
- 250g ground beef and pork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 30cc milk
- 1/2 egg
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 40g mozzarella cheese
- 20g white cheddar cheese
- 20g Gouda cheese
- A pinch of flour
- 15g salted butter
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tonkatsu sauce/okonomiyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated consommé
- A pinch of coarsely ground pepper
- 50g canned corn in water
- 1/4 bunch broccoli
- 1/5 carrots
▽Cheese in Hamburg Steak (Beef and Pork) Procedure
- Finely chop the onions. Heat oil (not to be used) in a frying pan and fry over low-medium heat until onions are golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Put the ground beef and pork in a bowl, add salt and knead quickly until it becomes sticky.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk.
- Add the cooled onion from step 1, step 3, and other ” Hamburg Steak ingredients” to step 2 and mix well.
- Cut up mozzarella, gouda and cheddar cheese and sprinkle with flour. You can use any cheese you like.
- Add the cheese from step 5 to the Hamburg Steak mixture, form it, and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat the salad oil (not included) and cook the Hamburg Steak for 2-3 minutes on both sides over high-medium heat.
- Place the Hamburg Steak on a cookie sheet on a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 200℃ for 10 minutes.
- After cooking the Hamburg Steak, add the Sauce ingredients to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Separate broccoli into small bunches and boil in salted water. Cut carrots into round slices and boil.
- Place the Hamburg Steak in a bowl, pour the sauce over it, and place the vegetables from step 1 on the edge. Sprinkle a little salt on the vegetables to taste.
▼TIPS for making good Cheese in Hamburg Steak (Beef and Pork)▼
(1) Let the fried onions cool before combining with the meat.
(2)To make it sticky, quickly add only the meat and salt, then add the other ingredients. Prevent cracks during baking and prevent the fat from leaching out!
(3)Shape the meat while letting out air to prevent cracking and juices from leaking out during baking!
(4)If you want to enjoy the texture, you can use raw onions!
Here’s our other Hamburg Steak recipes!!