Today’s meal is…
- Sauteed spinach
- Egg Hamburg steak
The Japanese ” Hamburg steak” is characterized by the addition of a lot of binders, such as chopped onions and breadcrumbs, to make it soft and juicy. The inclusion of non-meat ingredients was for economic reasons to reduce the amount of meat used by adding bulk, but today that is the key to the taste of a Japanese hamburg steak.
Here’s our previous recipe for Braised Hamburg Steak!
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 40 min
- Cutting boards
- Kitchen knife
- A stainless steel tray
▽Hamburg Steak ingredients
- 1/2 of an onion
- Ground beef and pork 250g
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- A little pepper
- A little nutmeg
▽Japanese Onion Sauce ingredients
- 1/2 of an onion
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin (sweet cooking sake)
- 1 tbsp of liquor
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 2 eggs
▽Your favorite garnish ingredients
- Some spinach
- Can of corn, to taste
- 1 potato
- 10g salted butter
- A pinch of salt and pepper
▽Hamburg Steak Procedure
- Chop the onions. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry over low-medium heat until the onions turn golden brown. When the frying is finished, transfer them to a stainless steel tray and let them cool.
- Place the ground beef and pork in a bowl, add salt and knead quickly until the mixture is sticky. 3.
- Add the cooled onion and other “hamburger ingredients” to the mixture and mix well. 4.
- Form the Hamburg steak into a batter and let them rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This will prevent excess juices from escaping during grilling.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the hamburg steak for 2 to 3 minutes on each side over medium heat. Turn it over, reduce the heat to low, cover it and steam it for 8 minutes.
▽Japanese Onion Sauce Procedure
- Lightly wipe the pan clean after cooking the Hamburg steak, grate the onion from the “Japanese Onion Sauce Ingredient” and add it to the rest of the ingredients and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs to the desired consistency.
- Spoon your favorite garnish, Hamburg steak and Japanese onion sauce over the top of the dish and top with a fried egg.