How to cook Japanese deep fried chicken (Chicken Nambang)
Today’s meal is…
- Japanese deep fried chicken (Chicken Nambang)
- Miso soup – potato and shiitake mushroom
A deep fried chicken dish made by sprinkling flour and egg solution on chicken meat, then deep frying it and dipping it in sweet vinegar.
It is usually served with tartar sauce on top.
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 45 min
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- A stainless steel tray
▽Sweet vinegar ingredients
- 100 ml dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
- 40g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 sliced red pepper
- 100ml vinegar
▽Tartare sauce ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1/4 of an onion
- 30g pickles
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of parsley
▽Japanese deep fried chicken (Chicken Nambang) ingredients
- 1 chicken thigh (about 300g)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A pinch of flour
- 1 egg
- A little oil for frying
▽Sweet vinegar Procedure
- Place all ingredients except the vinegar in a pot over high heat, bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and allow the vinegar to cool.
▽Tartare sauce Procedure
- Boil the eggs.
- Finely chop the onion, soak in water for 15 minutes, and squeeze out.
- In a bowl, coarsely chop the boiled eggs, add the onions from step 2 and other seasonings, and mix well.
▽Japanese deep fried chicken (Chicken Nambang) Procedure
- Trim chicken thighs of muscle, cartilage, and excess fat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the thighs in flour and beaten egg, and fry in oil at 170℃ for about 7 minutes.
- Soak the fried chicken in the Sweet Vinegar prepared in “Sweet Vinegar Procedure” for about 10 minutes.
▼TIPS for making good Japanese deep fried chicken (Chicken Nambang)▼
(1) When making sweet vinegar by heating it, add the vinegar last!
Because the acidity will be lost.
(2) Soak the fried chicken in sweet vinegar immediately!
The flavor will soak in well when it cools down.
(3) Deep-fry the chicken for a long time at a temperature of about 170℃!
Here’s our other Meat dishes recipes!!