How to cook Tonkatsu (Deep-fried pork cutlet)
Today’s meal is…
- Tonkatsu (Deep-fried pork cutlet)
- Miso Soup
Tonkatsu is a dish of thick slices of pork loin or fillet, covered with flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs, and fried in cooking oil.
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 50 min
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- A stainless steel tray
▽Tonkatsu (Deep-fried pork cutlet) ingredients
- 2 pork loin slices
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A pinch of flour
- 1 egg
- A pinch of fresh breadcrumbs
- cabbage, to taste
▽Tonkatsu Sauce ingredients
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons syrup
- Hot pepper to taste
▽Tonkatsu (Deep-fried pork cutlet) Procedure
- Cut into the lean and fatty stripes of the pork loin with a knife, cut the stripes and pound all over with the back of a knife or a meat smasher.
- Season with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, egg, and bread crumbs in that order.
- Put the battered pork loin in oil at 160℃ and fry for about 3 minutes. Remove from oil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Deep-fry for a second time in oil at 180℃.
- Place shredded cabbage and cut pork cutlet on a plate.
▽Tonkatsu Sauce Procedure
- Fry sesame seeds in a frying pan and mortar.
- Mix the sesame seeds from step 1 with the other seasonings in the Tonkatsu Sauce.
▼TIPS for making good Tonkatsu (Deep-fried pork cutlet)▼
(1) To avoid the meat shrinking, make sure to strike these knife into the meat.
(2) Raise the temperature to 180°C (356°F) before frying again.(Guard against the meat becoming extremely tough.)
Here’s our other Cutlet recipes!!