Today’s meal is…
- Spaghetti with Seasoned cod roe (Mentaiko)
- salad of white meat and rucola with yuzu pepper
- Soup of yam and burdock
Commonly known as Seasoned cod roe (Mentaiko), it is often referred to as pollock (Alaska pollock) with its ovaries pickled in salt.
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 30 min
- kitchen knife
- chopping board
- frying pan
▽Japanese Spaghetti with seasoned cod roe (Mentaiko) ingredients
- Spaghetti 200g
- Cod roe 60g
- Unsalted butter 40g
- 1/2 teaspoon noodle soup base (Men-tsuyu 3 times concentrated)
- 1 teaspoon kelp tea
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A little pepper
- 6 to 10 large leaves
- A small amount of chopped seaweed
▽Japanese Spaghetti with seasoned cod roe (Mentaiko) Procedure
- Boil the spaghetti according to the time on the bag.
- Cut the tips of the cod roe with a knife and scrape them out of the skin.
- Bring the unsalted butter in the ” Spaghetti with Cod roe ingredients” to room temperature or heat it in a 600W microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Combine #3 unsalted butter, men-tsuyu, kelp tea, olive oil and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to #4, drain the water and quickly combine. Add the #2 cod roe to the mixture and mix it up.
- Serve the spaghetti with the spaghetti and the shredded shiso leaves and chopped seaweed on top.
▼TIPS for making good spaghetti with seasoned cod roe( Mentaiko)▼
(1) Mix the sauce in a bowl and add the cooked pasta to it.
(2) Boiling water or oil can be added to prevent crispiness and make it more mellow. This is your choice.
(3) Add oil (olive oil or sesame oil to taste) or mayonnaise to the butter.
(4) Tarako or spicy cod roe, whichever you prefer!
If you want to add some spiciness to your cod roe, you can add a dash of chili pepper or bean sauce!
Here’s our other Noodles recipes!!