Today’s meal is…
- Cabbage rolls (beef and pork)
There is a unique Japanese cabbage roll that is not based on the consommé soup we cook today. It is cooked in a Japanese broth as an ingredient in oden.
◆Amount for 2 people
◆Cooking time 30 min
- Cutting boards
- Kitchen knife
▽Cabbage rolls (beef and pork) ingredients
- About 8 pieces of cabbage
- 1/2 of an onion
- 250g ground beef and pork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 egg
- A little pepper
- A little nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
▽Stewed cabbage rolls ingredients
- 1 potato
- A quarter of a carrot
- 4 sausages
- Water 600ml
- 2 teaspoons granulated consommé
- Laurier, one.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A little pepper
▽Cabbage rolls (beef and pork) Procedure
- hollow out and remove the core of the cabbage.
- remove the leaves from the cabbage and boil it as needed, scraping off the hard core.
- Finely chop the onion.
- in a bowl, combine the ground beef and salt from the “cabbage roll ingredients” and knead until sticky.
- Add #3 and the rest of Cabbage rolls (beef and pork) ingredients and mix well.
- Wrap the meat rolls with the #2 boiled cabbage.
▽Stewed cabbage rolls Procedure
- Cut potatoes and carrots into appropriate sizes. Cut the sausages in half if they are large.
- Place the cabbage rolls in a pot, add the vegetables, water, consommé, bay leaf, salt and pepper, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
▼TIPS for rolling cabbage well▼
When you’re making cabbage rolls, you’re worried they’ll fall apart when you cook them.
Here’s how to wrap them tightly without using a toothpick and keep them from falling apart when they’re cooked!
(1) Place the meatballs in the middle/front of the boiled cabbage. 2. Use 2 or 3 small leaves.
(2) Roll it up once in the back direction and fold the leaves on either side. (Choose the side of the cabbage that is not torn.)
(3)Roll it up to the back.
(4) Fold the one side you left in the middle.
And! When cooking cabbage rolls, pack them in a pot with no gaps between them.